Skip to main content

Lotus Flower and more and more... Samsam en Inde




Lotus flower, symbol of eternity and good fortune



















The day a new adventure saw its beginnings, I decided to write my experience in Color Land, day by day, just to log what strikes me the most.

Day one, I created a new blog and named it Samsam en Inde, inspired by the one and only Tintin, "Tintin au Tibet" in particular. It wasn't long before I realized that it is very challenging, here in Color Land, to state accurately all features and aspects of life, as it turns out that every single detail, day in day out, is a subject matter by itself.

Shortly after, those little details became overwhelming and confusing to the point where it was hard to decide what to talk about and what to discard. I might also add that no new adventure is easy to come into existence, no matter how colorful and rich it is.

Adventures are abundant in emotional struggles, physical adjustments but mostly great pleasure and gaiety.























Five months into the adventure, I realized that time is flying by and I am not logging this series of  unique observations. I did not see the need of seperating my blogs so Samsam en Inde merged with my favorite Eclectic Art Moments and suddenly I feel like writing again. I feel like painting again.

I chose to start  with a happy theme, a vivid and spiritual aspect of daily life here in India: FLOWERS

At this point, I leave you with the pictures that I took in Koyambedu Market, starting with the beautiful lotus flower, symbol of eternity and good fortune for the people of Color Land.

Roses, marygolds,jasmins, yellow, orange, red, pink, purple and more and more...


Flowers add charm and grace to happy occasions



Flowers by the kilo

Roses

Hand cut and  prepared one by one


Women at work, making flower necklaces and ornaments

 You see women working with flowers in the flower
market , as well as all over the city's streets. Oh and doggy is just escaping the burning sun.



Women finish up their pony tails with a string of jasmins

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Watching the city wake up

I am jet lagged but still able to reflect on the past two weeks favorite experience. Walking and watching the city wake up. Leaving the building  close to sunrise, I am greeted by a few cats startled at the sound of  my steps wondering if I am a threat or just a safe walker.  I start my descent and pass by the neighborhood baker  warming up his oven and spreading his dough with his special zaatar (thyme) mix. I continue my walk going a few meters uphill then down again. A security guard (the same one) is  sipping his first turkish coffee of the day with a full rakweh (coffee pot) next to him.  Shuffling songs is always fun as the music gets as eclectic as my observations:  from Camille to Pete Murray to  the Cat Empire... now it's Stael's "Le temps de dire Ouf". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z293fEIUhuw . I walk by a corner shop where bags of fresh bread are already delivered, sitting on racks waiting for the shop to open.  The wind starts blowing harder: I am ge

Jazzy spirit

...on a snowy week.