Skip to main content

Rustbelt Market


Eclectic Art Moments and Fairies Hands original work




Claire Moore from Gunder Goods
www.facebook.com/gundergoods
Stephany Dickey's hats

Freedom Underground
www.reverbnation.com/freedomunderground

















It's ten after six. I'm still sitting at the Rustbelt Market and don't know how the day went by so fast. It may be  Freedom Underground playing their live jazz music (a must add to my music blog as it falls into my Beat, rythm and melody category), the chocolate I bought from Pete, or just being surrounded by so many talented artists and talking to all kind of interesting people.It might also be friends and family that stopped by and said hi.

Whenever I had the chance to walk around the market, I tried all of Stephany's hats, smelled soaps and creams and bought Claire's home made jam. Both Claire and her husband Jon own Gunder Goods and make their product in the heart of their home kitchen.
In the morning I talked to her but was not in a mood to taste sweets. I stopped again late afternoon and had a sample of carrot jam. The taste of clove and nutmeg immediately works its magic on the palate. A must have on a toasted baguette or even spread on crêpes.
It is truly impossible to reflect on all the art that was in display, from woodwork to clothing, painting, photography and ...

I  loved the way Fairies hands and I set our display. It was easily accessible to visitors and gave us a work area to be able to focus on all that we had to prepare for the week.

I would love to be part of the Rustbelt Market as many weekends as possible  but I don't have the luxury of extra free  time. I will definitely consider going back and being again part of this talented community in December.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Watching the city wake up

I am jet lagged but still able to reflect on the past two weeks favorite experience. Walking and watching the city wake up. Leaving the building  close to sunrise, I am greeted by a few cats startled at the sound of  my steps wondering if I am a threat or just a safe walker.  I start my descent and pass by the neighborhood baker  warming up his oven and spreading his dough with his special zaatar (thyme) mix. I continue my walk going a few meters uphill then down again. A security guard (the same one) is  sipping his first turkish coffee of the day with a full rakweh (coffee pot) next to him.  Shuffling songs is always fun as the music gets as eclectic as my observations:  from Camille to Pete Murray to  the Cat Empire... now it's Stael's "Le temps de dire Ouf". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z293fEIUhuw . I walk by a corner shop where bags of fresh bread are already delivered, sitting on racks waiting for the shop to open.  The wind starts blowing harder: I am ge

Jazzy spirit

...on a snowy week.