Skip to main content

Lace

 My mama's attention to details when entertaining stuck with me through the years. Her Limoges teacups and saucers had to be used with a white or beige lace tray cover and napkins. It was always accompanied with her succulent marble cake presented on a handmade crochet circle: pleasure to the senses.
The guest tray was always ready (still is, with much less guests unfortunately) on the round table in that square bay window breakfast area, where I love to have a nescafe with her and my aunt after my sunrise walk at the beach. This corner  of the house is more like a tea room in an arcade.
Lace is still in some spots of her house with the shiny brass that she cleans organically with lemon wedges and salt, one of her other attention to details.

This love of lace skipped me but went straight to my daughter's wardrobe.

 Lace inspired me today by adding some of its details to my new pottery collection.

I can assure you that working with clay was dirty, messy and nothing like handling mama's delicate white lace.

This is one of my favorite pictures of my mom.

Comments

Unknown said…
So sweet to share those thoughts and this picture us! God bless! and nice pottery work :)now really curious to visit your atelier!

Popular posts from this blog

Watching the city wake up

I am jet lagged but still able to reflect on the past two weeks favorite experience. Walking and watching the city wake up. Leaving the building  close to sunrise, I am greeted by a few cats startled at the sound of  my steps wondering if I am a threat or just a safe walker.  I start my descent and pass by the neighborhood baker  warming up his oven and spreading his dough with his special zaatar (thyme) mix. I continue my walk going a few meters uphill then down again. A security guard (the same one) is  sipping his first turkish coffee of the day with a full rakweh (coffee pot) next to him.  Shuffling songs is always fun as the music gets as eclectic as my observations:  from Camille to Pete Murray to  the Cat Empire... now it's Stael's "Le temps de dire Ouf". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z293fEIUhuw . I walk by a corner shop where bags of fresh bread are already delivered, sitting on racks waiting for the shop to open.  The wind starts blowing harder: I am ge

Jazzy spirit

...on a snowy week.