Skip to main content

Red and black


I  missed my blog but have been busy preparing for a craft show coming in two weeks. It's my  new collection of  crafty ideas. I wish I can walk you through my workshop but I don't seem able to set a foot in it without the risk of messing up clay that is not totally dry or spilling glaze here and there. I have done it already and learned my lesson. 
The only painted clay is those miniature bowls representing my poppy field that normally announces spring and I repeat normally because it seems that this winter is endless.
Winter is my favorite season but not in April.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art in the time of confinement. A colorful collection of four months of uncertainty with lots of hope for better days

Inner Garden  Swirl of joy Brushes,  paint and canvas remain my way of coping with any state of mind. Result: Ecstasy Pool of hope Scales   Brighter than ever (older painting, edited colors) Chic theme palette Cooler tones Memories  Dining room window

village

Watching the city wake up

I am jet lagged but still able to reflect on the past two weeks favorite experience. Walking and watching the city wake up. Leaving the building  close to sunrise, I am greeted by a few cats startled at the sound of  my steps wondering if I am a threat or just a safe walker.  I start my descent and pass by the neighborhood baker  warming up his oven and spreading his dough with his special zaatar (thyme) mix. I continue my walk going a few meters uphill then down again. A security guard (the same one) is  sipping his first turkish coffee of the day with a full rakweh (coffee pot) next to him.  Shuffling songs is always fun as the music gets as eclectic as my observations:  from Camille to Pete Murray to  the Cat Empire... now it's Stael's "Le temps de dire Ouf". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z293fEIUhuw . I walk by a corner shop where bags of fresh bread are already delivered, sitting on racks waiting for the shop to open.  The wind star...